Below is a copy of the Waiver that will need to be signed once you arrive to your league match. Please read so that you can sign with confidence, ask questions or have your captain find a replacement if you find you can not sign this document on the day of your match
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in the EVENT(S), EACH OF THE UNDERSIGNED, for him/herself, his/her personal representatives, heirs, and next of kin: 1. HEREBY RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE the Corpus Christi Tennis Association, and all of their directors, officers, agents, volunteers and employees, (hereinafter referred to as “Releasees”) FROM ALL LIABILITY TO THE UNDERSIGNED, his/her personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin FOR ANY AND ALL LOSS OR DAMAGE, AND ANY CLAIM OR DEMANDS THEREFORE ON ACCOUNT OF INJURY AND/OR EXPOSURE TO INFECTIOUS SYNDROMES OR DISEASES TO THE PERSON OR PROPERTY OR RESULTING IN ILLNESS AND/OR DEATH OF THE UNDERSIGNED ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE EVENT(S), WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE. BY PARTICIPATING OR ATTENDING THIS EVENT YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS WHETHER KNOW OR UNKNOWN. 2. HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees and each of them FROM ANY LOSS, LIABILITY, DAMAGE, OR COST they may incur arising out of or related to the EVENT(S) WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or otherwise. 3. HEREBY grants to the Releasees (and grants to the Releasees the right to grant to others), as well as their successors and assigns, in perpetuity, the irrevocable right (but not the obligation), with or without my knowledge, to film, tape, photograph, record, exhibit, edit, alter, copy, reproduce, license, sell, rent, disclose, display, publish, distribute, broadcast, webcast, prepare derivative works from or otherwise preserve, use and/or exploit in any format and/or manner now known or hereafter developed, whether commercial or non-commercial in nature (collectively, the “Use and Materials”): (1) my appearance at and/or participation in the Event; (2) my name, likeness, signature, voice, singing voice, conversation, sounds, biographical data, testimonials, and/or any other information or material secured by the Releasees in connection with my appearance at and/or participation in the Event. I agree that Releasees shall have the right to the Use and Materials, for their own account, throughout the universe and in perpetuity. I acknowledge and agree that I shall not be entitled to receive any compensation whatsoever in connection with the Releasees’ exercise of its Use and Materials rights. 4. Waiver of Claims. Players, participants, and any spectators or individuals that are participating in USTA tournaments, programs, or events acknowledge the risks associated with tennis, accept those risks voluntarily, and in consideration of their acceptance in the USTA tournaments, programs or events, assume all loss or damage, and any claim or demand therefore on account of injury to the person or property or resulting in illness and/or death arising out of or related to their participation, including without limitation as a result of any exposure to infectious syndromes or diseases whether caused by negligence or otherwise. By participating or attending a tournament, program, or event, the players, participants, and any spectators assume all risks whether known or unknown. Furthermore, players, participants, and spectators agree to release and hold harmless the USTA, its affiliated Sectional Associations, and Districts/Subdivisions, and the host facility (hereafter, Released Parties) and the Released Parties employees and agents with respect to any injury or loss caused by negligence or otherwise to the fullest extent permitted by law. By signing this document, I certify that my body temperature has been within normal variance, I am not feeling ill, nor been exposed to any person with Covid 19 in the past 14 days. I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF ALL RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
The Corpus Christi Tennis Association is excited to resume local league play. As stipulated by USTA and USTA Texas, the CCTA is instituting guidelines for local leagues. If you cannot or do not wish to abide by these guidelines to the best of your ability, please let your captain know as soon as possible so that a replacement can be found. The CCTA is happy to provide a refund if you elect to not play in the league. By signing this waiver, you are acknowledging receipt and understanding of these guidelines.
- Players will confirm with their captain one hour before the match. Please let your captain know as soon as possible if you do not feel well. DO NOT come to play if you have any symptoms of illness or have been exposed to anyone who is ill. Captains should let the opposing captain know prior to the match if any lines will be forfeited so that players whose matches are cancelled will not come to the facility.
- Each player is responsible for following any requirements specific to the facility at which he/she is playing on a given night. This includes signing into the facility if required.
- Players will report scores electronically (text scores) to their captain rather than reporting the score to the staff at the facility to minimize traffic at the desks of the facilities. The captains are then responsible for completing the scorecards at the facility.
- Arrive at the facility close to the assigned start time, ready to play, and depart immediately following the end of your individual match, even if part of your team is still playing. Please use social distancing throughout the match and your time at the facility.
- Bring your own water bottles, towel, or any other personal equipment and store them inside their tennis bag when not in use. There will be no water provided by the facilities.
- Avoid sharing a bench with teammates and/or opponents at any time including the switching of sides.
- Use headbands, hats, towels or wristbands to avoid touching your face during a match.
- Wash your hands often (Before/After matches.)
- Clearly verbalize the score at the start of each point to avoid disagreements and possible discussions at the net to settle said disagreement.
- Maintain safe physical distance between players during the racquet spin at the start of a match.
- Offer an acknowledgment such as a nod, a thumbs up or a “good match” instead of shaking players’ hands at the beginning or end of a match.
- Avoid bringing extra spectators or players if at all possible.
- 2 tennis balls will be given to each singles player/doubles team (total of 4 per individual match.) Each singles player’s or doubles team’s two tennis balls will have a different number than their opponents. Players should only touch the tennis balls given to them. Between points, players should use their racquet and foot to pick up and return the appropriate tennis balls to their opponents if possible.
- Should you become ill within the 14 days following any match, please report this to the facility and to the CCTA ([email protected]) immediately so that others can be notified as soon as possible.
We are so excited and happy to have everyone back on the court! While there will be no sectional events this year, we hope having local leagues will provide some much needed exercise, stress relief and most importantly FUN. Please help us keep everyone safe and healthy by following these guidelines.
The CCTA hosts two large USTA open tournaments each year. The Buc Days Tournament, typically held in March or April is a Major Zone tournament. The Thanksgiving tournament is typically the weekend before Thanksgiving. Both of these tournaments have multiple draws for both doubles and singles play.
Around town there are multiple play days or UTR tournaments put on by various clubs and professionals. The CCTA strives to keep an updated calendar and to include as many events as possible. If we have missed an event around town, let us know and we will try to add it to the calendar!
adult league schedules
|Registration Opens:||December 1, 2019|
|Registration Deadline:||Thursday, January 9, 2020|
|Captains Meeting:||Thursday, January 16, 7:00 pm @ CCCC|
|League Starts:||Monday, January 20 -- 3.0 & 4.0 levels|
|Thursday, January 23 -- 2.5, 3.5, 4.5 levels|
|League Ends:||Week of March 19th|
|Sectionals:||August 28-30, 2020 - TBD|
|Little State:||August 28-30, 2020, Corpus Christi (Men & Ladies)|
sets and sangria
Sets & Sangria was founded by the Corpus Christi Tennis Association in 2015. It is a young adult social tennis league with a happy hour twist! It brings together adults 21 to 39 years of age living in Corpus Christi through the sport of tennis.
Sets & Sangria consists of casual non-competitive timed matches played on Wednesday evenings at a local high school for six weeks in the fall and six weeks in the spring. After tennis, the group makes their way to a local bar/restaurant that has elected to partner with the Corpus Christi Tennis Association to continue the fun!
The cost is $30 per person. The fee includes 6 weeks of play, court fees, balls, a long sleeve t-shirt, and light appetizers every week.
For more information regarding Sets and Sangria, visit the Facebook page or contact Katy Rogers at [email protected].